At 7:30, our nurse came in and said that our doctor was considering breaking Megan's water manually. Given the choice, Megan said that she would like to keep going by herself for a bit, if that was okay. The nurse talked to the doctor, and we were given until 9:30. At 9:15, Megan's water broke, and upon inspection was found to be 4 cm dilated. At this point the contractions got stronger and closer together. At 10:15, she was checked and was at 7cm. At approximately 10:43, Megan started pushing, and Elise Caroline was born at 10:47. (Side note: Megan wants me to point out that this was all done without any painkillers. She is pretty hardcore)
When Elise came out, she had some gunk in her lungs and some bruising and swelling on her face from the pushing. The NICU nurses spent a little time clearing out her lungs and cleaning her up. Her face is a bit purple from the bruising, but it should clear up in a couple of days like any normal bruise.
All in all, Elise and Mom are doing very well. They are both resting and eating, and the nurses have been wonderful!
A quick tour of Elise.
7 comments:
She's AMAZING. I just love love love her! You guys bake such good babies. :-)
I think Hazel's mask is totally stylin'. Plus, it draws attention to her gorgeous blue eyes. Hopefully, Elise will have the same ones!!
Beautiful pictures of our sweet baby! We just love her. The big girls are dying to see her! Audrey wants to know why she's wearing "boy pants." She is currently very critical of your parenting skills in spite of the fact that I explained that the pants have ruffles AND flowers! Congratulations and thank for sharing Hazel with us! She expects chocolate milk every morning for breakfast!
So adorable!!! Mom, Mac and I were ooo'ing and awww'ing the whole time. (Although I am pretty certain Mac just had gas but never the less, he is excited to meet his new cousin so they can discuss the trama they both went through to enter the world.) Congratulations on two beautiful girls!!!
FINALLY! I love Elise, she is beautiful and strong and sweet! I can't wait to meet her in person. Welcome to the family, Elise. Good job, Megan and Glenn for making such a great baby, and good job to Hazel for being a such a great big sister.
Congrats, sweetheart! I'm very happy for both you and Glenn. I hope to meet the new little peanut soon and hope you all settle into being a family of 4 quickly.
Super super cute! Congrats to the whole Mccain family. We'll give you a minute to settle in (and be sure there are no germs in the building) before insisting that you bring her in for lunch!
omg technology rules! so glad i got to see her on here hehe
Post a Comment