Last Saturday, Stephanie and Anne came over to help us get some painting done in the nursery, and we had a great time together. The girls painted the room a bright spring green, and then the three of us stamped all kinds of ladybugs, butterflies, and dragonflies, and even a couple of snails and a caterpillar on the walls, while Glenn ran off to play poker. Here are a few pictures of our efforts.
We all knew that fingerpainting was Glenn's special skill. See how artfully he has mastered painting ants on the wall with his fingers? I'm so proud of him!
Because our walls are textured, getting a rubber stamp to look the way you want it to is harder than it seems. It requires lots of concentration.
Our garden-themed nursery is almost complete. I will have more photos by the end of the day hopefully.Steph and Anne also threw us a shower last weekend. That was their Sunday project! They did a great job and everyone had a great time. Aunt Ann and Uncle Bob came down from Chicago and they brought Mandy with them too. They also brought gifts from ALL the McCains and Swindells. For such a little creature, our little baby sure got some great big gifts! There were a lot of our in-town friends that were able to make it to, and it was fun to spend the afternoon with everyone. Plus, Tony got to show off his new basement home theater, as the Colts game was broadcast in high definition on the big screen projection t.v. downstairs for all the men. (And the Colts won.) Here are a few photos from the shower.
We can't wait for our "twin" cousins to come and play together.
We can't wait for our "twin" cousins to come and play together.All photos for this blog entry are courtesy of Stephanie Marsden, as she is the photo-snapping guru, and Glenn and I haven't yet figured out the new camera I bought him for his birthday. (It's a simple point and shoot, and yet here we are....)



4 comments:
You guys better figure out your new camera before the big photo op day arrives!! I don't know if I can get there in time.
I miss you so much. I wish I could have been there. I can't wait to see you next month when lil' baby girl is here, officially! You look beautiful. XXXXXOOOO
I had the pleasure of seeing the nursery in person when it was completed (except for the curtains)and the pictures don't do it justice. What talented decorators are those Burton Girls! Do they hire out?
I am so glad you put a belly shot on! Your belly looks just perfect. We are counting down the moments until baby arrives. I love how the nursery looks, perfect for my new niece. Do you think baby will be ready to eat turkey when we come down for Thanksgiving? Can't wait!!
Post a Comment