Wednesday, July 2, 2008

You asked for it . . . Our first round of Disney photos. . .

30 years ago, this month, my parents met each other in Disney World. Six months later they were married. To celebrate such a magical love story, my entire family (all five of my parents' children and all of the grandchildren and my parents too) took over Disney World for a week. I could sit here for hours and type away all the fun experiences we had, but I think the pictures will say it better than I could. . .

Hazel's first glimpse of Mickey Mouse. "Hmmm... Who is that? What is that?"

Uncle Brian is SO excited to be in Disney World. Papaw wishes the paparazzi would leave him alone.

Our first day in Disney was magical. It even ended with a rainbow.

We're headed off on a Safari.

The cousins are all ready to see some animals. (Wild Animals, Uncle Glenn!)

The whole family.
(minus Papaw, who was smarter than all of us and decided to stay out of the heat and remain in the air conditioning.)

The unofficial Burton Sister and my college roommate, Laura. Just another day at work.

This is not a commentary on Laura's acting. It was just so hot, and little girls get so sleepy.

Make sure to keep checking in.... Round two coming soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOH, I want copies of your pics. Richard is still processing ours. Did you check out the photopass pics? We had a great time, didn't we? I can't even really remember the heat now! I have to give you the pics of Super Glenn, prancing around on his horse!

Carey said...

I'm ready for round 2 now! These pics make me so excited for our Sept trip. I'll call you for travel tips with itty bitty girls soon! These are great pictures!

Ken said...

OK....I'm officially jealous. Say Glenn, didn't Mom and Dad get married in Germany....I'm thinking Oktoberfest for the Grandchildren would be appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Papaw and I just want to thank everyone who made time to go with us to Disney World.Going with 15 is quite a bit different from going with just 3 but it was still fun. A special thanks to Disney Laura for assisting, and to Megan for the fabulous trip books she made for everyone.