As far as Hazel is concerned, everyday is cause for celebration. On Saturday, Glenn was helping some friends move into their new apartment, and Hazel and I went to the library to do some homework. She fell asleep in her car seat on the way there; which is exactly what I was hoping would happen. I let her sleep in her pumpkin seat while I worked on my homework for about an hour. Now, here's the special thing about Hazel. She rarely wakes up in a bad mood, and Saturday was no exception. When she woke up, she started singing. And not just singing, but exalting at the top of her lungs. I think she was singing Cat Stevens, "I can't keep it in, I can't keep it in, I gotta let it out." So I told her that I understand how hard it is not to sing when you got the feelin' but let's take it outside, since people like it quiet in the library. Everyday brings new insight into this wonderful, silly girl we have.
Well, I will post a few pictures, since that seems to be what our readers want. (And not me waxing philosophical over the passage of time and the joy of infants.)
First, Uncle Brian took some great photos when we were all in Lawrenceville visiting Grammy and Papaw Burton for Mother's Day. You should check them out if you get a chance. They are posted at: http://www.hub10.com/gallery
And lastly, Hazel and Daddy have special time together on Monday nights and Tuesday nights while Momma's at class. They play hard and Momma always comes home to a sleepy baby. This is what I came home to last night. . .


2 comments:
I can't believe it has been a year either. Seems like Hazel has been here for us to love for a long time! And of course she sings loudly, she's half Burton girl! Remember, "she'll be home by three"? It's nice to see that Brian documented every second of Hazel's time with him.
Hey McCain Family! Hi big girl Hazel!
Email me sometime!
jaimemartin6227@yahoo.com
Post a Comment