Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Infectious Ward

No new photos today. Just an update that everybody's favorite Hazelnut is battling croup and an ear infection. (An unfortunate side effect, Dr. Santos says, of being a daycare baby. Let the guilt trip begin. I say, however, that she is building up immunities and we're actually doing her a favor by sending her to school. So there. The trash heap has spoken. Nyah.)

What's worse, though, is that Hazel's nurses are both sick with nasty, persistent colds, which just makes the night-time wakefulness not fun for anyone. And it makes everyone cranky.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though. Dr. Santos prescribed Hazel some antibiotics and told us that she should be feeling better today or tonight, so maybe we can all get some sleep tonight, and we are planning on spending Sunday snuggled up under blankets watching the Big Game (I think there are trademark reasons for why I can't say S--er Bowl) and recuperating.

We'll have more pictures soon; it's just that no one's felt very photogenic lately.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Poor Hazelnut. I hope she feels better soon. MWAH MWAH MWAH!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope the sickies are feeling better soon! Maybe you will get a snow day tomorrow and can rest up! Make some chicken soup and take care of yourselves!

Ken said...

What the....can't say "SUPER BOWL"....that's what happens when there's an attorney in the house :) :) :)

SUPERBOWL!
SUPERBOWL!
SUPERBOWL!
SUPERBOWL!
SUPERBOWL!
SUPERBOWL!
SUPERBOWL!

OK NFL, sue me, I dare ya! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. What's bad about saying Super Bowl? Did I miss something while paying attention to only political debates?

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate the croup and ear infection! We've had chronic ear infections for over a month! I know "the daycare guilt trip". Our babies are such social butterflies because of thes places though!!! Take care and hope everyone is feeling better!