Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Hazel's first day of school, and Momma's first day back at work. I think it was more tragic for me than it was for Hazel. She smiled when I kissed her goodbye, and again when I went back inside for one last kiss goodbye, then looked at me as if to say "What's the big deal, Mom?" When I went back to pick her up, she was just relaxing in one of the baby recliners looking at another baby sitting next to her. She didn't act overly excited to see me, but rather seemed to say, "Hey, I know you. It's cool that you're here." As for being back at work, I think the hardest part was all the well-meaning people asking, "Do you miss your baby?" Sometimes I wanted to shout, "I didn't until you just reminded me that I left her in the care of strangers!" But honestly, I focused on work, and only worked a half-day, so it really was pretty manageable. I think the real test will be when I start back full-time next week, and start back to Court all day Tuesday. But that's a post for next week. For now, Hazel wanted to share a few more pictures. (Because I know there would be dire consequences if I published a post with no new pictures.)

First a few of Hazel in her Bumbo seat:



And next, a few of Hazel in her first day of school outfit:

4 comments:

Ken said...

Knowing her father, I'm glad her first day at school was free of any.....ahem...."incidents".....

Anonymous said...

Hazel must be the youngest member of our family to have a first day of school outfit and she looks absolutely studious and beautiful! I am sure that all the little boy babies are crushing on the "new girl"!! They probably drooled at the sight of her!
I think she looks like Megan in the bumbo (and now I get an impression of how petite she is) and I think she looks like Glenn in the sitting up pics on her first day of school.
Can't wait to hear her future reports at school.

Anonymous said...

Clearly, she's a genius. And cool as a cucumber. And so cute I could eat her up! No wonder she's a hit at school!

Anonymous said...

You are a very brave mother Megan! Going back to work really sucks, just take it one day at a time.

Hazel is growing so quickly, she is beautiful! I can't wait to see he again soon.