Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Girls Head to the Jersey Shore...

Two weeks ago, Megan, Hazel, Elise, and Grammy Burton piled in the car and headed to NJ to visit Aunt Sarah, Uncle Andrew, and Mac. It was a long drive, but everyone had a great time, or so I'm told. During their jaunt, I was stuck at home, going to work, cleaning the house, and generally missing my girls. In fact, I just have to imagine what happened from the pictures...


The children forced to play in the basement.

Hazel was only allowed to ride the carousel if she could tame the demonic chicken.

You don't want to know what Lisey is looking at.


Poor child isn't even a year old, and they made him ride a motorcycle (without a helmet).

The young 'uns left to fend for themselves.

A look of determination: "I will swim, even if they don't blow up the floaties for me."

Encouraging animosity between the cousins early: "Only one can be Grammy's favorite!"

"Everyone wears cement shoes at the beach, trust me!"

"Hmmm, there is bound to be a shark out there somewhere..."

"That is your water for the day. The bread will come later. If you are lucky."

2 comments:

Grammy B said...

Yep, it was pretty much as you said it was.......

Sk8 said...

Reminds me of past Burton family trips.
Aunt Bessy