Thursday, April 22, 2010

Four Years of Marital Bliss

Four years ago today, Glenn and I started our life together, and so far, it has been a pretty good one, so we decided to celebrate. The traditional gift for the fourth anniversary is flowers, so I was not surprised when a bouquet of stargazer lilies landed on my doorstep. I got a little creative in my "floral" gift for Glenn, and planned a picnic to the Lilly House gardens and baked flower cookies too.

I spent all day in the kitchen baking cookies. But I had a super helper in Hazel.

Hazel kept saying, "Daddy be so happy we make him cookies!"

These were some pretty serious cookies. (And I also made some chocolate rosettes for good measure.)

We had so much fun getting out in the fresh air and being silly!

We decided not to get a babysitter, because we thought the girls might like to celebrate with us. We were right.

Glenn and Hazel chased the ball for a little bit in the garden where we had our picnic.

Elise really enjoyed her first picnic.

She even got to gum a piece of dinner roll, which was a different experience for her.

A little girl and a dandelion . . . Classic.

Sisterly love. . .

Sometimes sisterly love lets go. . .

After the picnic, we explored the gardens.

Together.

Independence.

And Glenn and I took the opportunity to play with our camera and take some photos of the flowers.

Glenn took this one.

I took this one.

5 comments:

Sk8 said...

Great pics, McCains! Looks like a lovely day with some lovely flowers, both edible and plant-life. Elise looks so like Megan in these pics, and Hazel looks more and more like Glenn.

GrammyB said...

The photographs are beautiful. I see real talent there, but you do have beautiful models.

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the picture with Hazel and the dandelion!I miss those girls!!!

Ken said...

Congratulations, especially to Megan ;) Good call taking the kids with you, we tend to do the same thing and are rewarded by the experiences every time.

Grandma JB said...

Loved the pictures...seems that little girls with flowers was a recurring theme at your wedding too.