Hazel finally figured out that she doesn't have to wake up at 6:30 central time -- she actually slept in until 8:00 or so. Aunt Stephanie was already up, expecting us to be up earlier. So she made us chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and we all got dressed and headed off to the lake house. When we got there, we got a tour of the new "addition" that is being built to the house, and we visited with Richard's parents "NeNe and MoMo." After lunch we headed out on the boat. Uncle Richard pulled Stephanie and Glenn on the tube, then Stephanie pulled me and Richard. Then Richard pulled Stephanie and me. After we'd had our fun on the boat, we headed back and played on the jet-skis for a little while, and Richard taught Glenn and I how to paddle-board, which is like surfing, only with a paddle and no waves. (The neighbors at the lake house called it river-surfing. They'd never seen anything like it.)
We wore ourselves out playing in the lake and then headed back to Huntsville for a sushi dinner and some well-deserved rest. All in all, it was a busy busy busy weekend, but we had such a blast!
The view of the lake house from the roof of the boat dock. You can see just a hint of the addition to the left of the house.
But I was better.
And, because we can't resist jumping into bodies of water from high places, Glenn and I jumped into the lake from the roof of the boat dock (about 20 feet up).
Glenn's dives were fancier...
Including somersaults and twists...
I don't think they would have won him any medals in Beijing, though.


1 comment:
We had a great time with you guys! I can't wait to see what we get up to next time we are together! We'll definitely hit the Space and Rocket Center. We miss Hazel!
Post a Comment